Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, December 18, 2006

Transition

Had a very nice weekend. Since this is a running blog I will only give details that are running related, saying that it involved a) something I won from the gracious folks at the Parkway Run; b) enough walking places in shoes that my heels felt a bit raw running this morning; c) a massage whose benefits have lasted through this morning's run; and d) wonderful company the acquaintance of which dates back to the Delaware Distance Classic.

All this, however, now gets looked at from the prism of a Monday morning. Yet another sunny mild morning stolen from winter (I'll keep saying it as long as I can) made getting out a bit easier. But going up Cedar Ave I stepped into a pothole and came down hard. Came down like in the pictures of Jesus falling in the Stations of the Cross. In contrast to our Lord and Savior I cursed loudly while I was lying on the ground before getting up and taking inventory of a turned right ankle and a few scrapes. And then I felt like I had to keep going, that there was something at stake beyond just finishing a lousy marathon-recovery workout. And I felt that weight again descend upon me that drove me through fall training.

This moment came quickly and it didn't take too long to lift. I got off pretty easily; other than scapes on my left elbow and left knee, and a bruise on the outside of my ankle, I'm fine. But it takes me out of the weekend and smack into the week again.

Cobbs Creek loop coming back on Thomas Ave. Course is here, 5 miles in 41:55.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home