Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 01, 2006

Last Minute Quickie

Tell the folks back home this is the Promised Land calling
And there's a poor boy on the line

Not quite there yet. Took the day off and leaving this afternoon. Unlike Chuck Berry, I'm foregoing the buses, trains and automobiles and just jetting right over, with a stop in Vegas where I can test my luck.

Easy run this morning, same Franklin Field loop I did yesterday, but I just ran it to keep the monkey fed and to put some closure on my training. Going up Locust Walk, I ran into Jason, who is on the faculty of the program I got my doctorate at, and I got a chance to congratulate him on his Philly Marathon performance. I've known Jason since he was a marathon newbie, and now from last year to this he has cut 20 minutes off his marathon time. And now he's got Boston on his mind. The way he's talking about it, I have little doubt he'll get there.

Check out Scott's blog, if for no other reason than he says that its his last blog post. Before I start begging him to reconsider, or picket his house, I'll bet/hope that, like an alcoholic who swears off drinking after a particularly painful bender, this resolution is but temporary.

Next post you'll get will be of the lbrr variety.

There's a dark cloud rising from the desert floor
I packed my bags I'm heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down
That ain't got the faith to stand its ground

. . .

Mister I ain't a boy no I'm a man
And I believe in a Promised Land

- Bruce



2 Comments:

Blogger Duncan Larkin said...

May you run a fast one tomorrow, Seebo. Go get 'em.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Damn, Steve! Looking forward to the lbrr.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home