Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Extra Mile

Easy spin around the Franklin Field loop. Mild sunny and in 60s again today, almost wish I could be out there running 20. Almost.

But today I just put on the iPod and took off at an easy pace for about 45 minutes. I was telling Rebecca how relaxing that felt and she duly pointed out that's what about 95% of runners do 95% of the time. Have I become that much of a freak?

Then I get Mike's email, part of which he writes: Considering the days off, the 3001 [miles I've logged sofar] is amazing. Remind yourself that you did not get in such good shape by accident. It was the trial of miles. Gotta remind myself of that and take that fitness out for one more spin next Sunday. Then I'll celebrate with mellow four and five milers for the rest of the year.

Five miles in 43 something minutes. Meant to go four but it was too nice not to do a little more.

This gives me 35 miles for the week, about where I wanted to be.

Tomorrow will be a rest day, Tuesday or Wednesday I'll rev things up a little. After that nothing farther than four miles until Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home