Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Out of Gas

Rare treat this morning in that I got to run with Kevin F. Yeah sure we room together and thus see way too much of each other, but we rarely get to run together as I am a morning runner and he runs in the afternoons; he spends much of his time on the track and once a week on the track is plenty for me, etc.

So the plan was to fartlek it this morning. The morning was deliciously chilly and crisp (mmmm) as we headed down toward the Art Museum. We played follow the leader, where the plan was for the first half I would call the pacing, and he would take up this chore once we hit Sweetbriar and headed home. So after a warm up down Baltimore to 38th St. I kicked it up some. This lasted, at differing speeds, for about 2 miles at which point I became increasingly aware of tenderness in my Achilles tendons and called it off. No point in pushing a workout at this point.

Thus the entry title. Out of gas. Fartlek. Get it?!

Okay, that is the best I can do on a Tuesday morning. Back to my Achilles. At the nagging point right now, with the potential to develop into something. I'd be worried about them if it were 3 or 4 weeks earlier in my training, but at this point I will monitor it and go easy for the rest of the way if I have to. Worst comes to worst its something I can run with come marathon day. And as I seem to be telling people alot lately, a taper wouldn't be a taper unless there was something worrisome to obsess about.

Thanks to Kevin Gruenfeld for sending me the picture I'm posting. Its from Sunday's 8k. I haven't been chased by four females since third grade on the playground after lunch. I be rockin' them speed goggles.

Just kidding Rebecca. Oh yeah, 8 miles in 55:03.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home