Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Hay is in the Barn!

I love saying this. All fitness that I'm taking with me to CIM I have already gained. From here on in it is maintenance, recovery and rest.

Mike warned me not to run hard today, to give myself another easy day before doing my last 20 miler. But I dearly wanted to get this run over and done with. And Deirdre was running long this morning, and this late in the fall season it is hard to find someone to hook up with who is still doing long runs. And my legs didn't feel that badly beat up. So I went for the long run this morning.

Met Deirdre on the Schuylkill bike path at the Race St. entrance and we ran together for about 12 or 13, past Lloyd Hall, up Lemon Hill and out through Fairmount Park on the Belmont Plateau fire road to Belmont and City Line avenues. We then did the Montgomery County section of Belmont Ave. backwards from how I'm used to doing it - taking it back to Manayunk. From there it was a straight shot back to Kelly Drive. At the John Kelly statue Deirdre took her leave and I slapped on the iPod and ran past the Art Museum, through West Philly and home.

Slow and steady. Good conversation. Beautiful mild sunny day and still getting gorgeous fall colors. Everything a final long run in preparation for a fall marathon should be. And now I'm so glad its over. I look forward to regaining some sanity here. And I feel so ready to run in Sacramento.

The hay is in the barn. 22 days left.

Ran for 2:41:22. Call it 20 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home