Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

Recovery Run

Ran solo this morning along the Lansdowne Sycamore loop (same route I ran on Wednesday). My iPod is crapping out so it was just me and my thoughts. But my thoughts were legion.

Took it easy today. My legs felt beaten up and my mind was preoccupied, so this morning's run became a haven from the world, a space in which my head could settle and I could regroup.

Today was markedly chillier than its been. Hell, its November already so it shouldn't come as a surprise. I wore a long-sleeve t-shirt where the sleeves were long enough for my hands to tuck in as well. Like turtles in their shells. A comfort shirt. As the run progressed, first the fingers came out, then the lower knuckles, and finally my hands were warm enough to where the sleeves weren't needed anymore. By the time I was heading home on Kingsessing it was warm enough to where I just rolled up my sleeves. I'll be alright.

I'm falling under the spell of that sycamore. I noticed its leaves don't turn colors as much as go from green to a dry brown and stay like that, hanging on the tree.

10.5 miles in 88:07. A bit slower than Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home