Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

100 Minute Man

Headed down to the Art Museum this morning to see who was there for the 9:30 run. I was in luck, as I got to hook up with Ian and Craig and we headed up MLK to make up our route as we went along. I haven't seen Ian in months, so it was good to catch up. The pace was about 7/7:15, and went far to jolt me out of the easy 8 rut I've been going at all week. We seemed to glide along, and the conversation was as relaxed as the running.

At Montgomery Ave we headed up to Belmont Plateau and took the fire road. This gravelly road took us through the woods, which are about at their peak of color. I like these colors much better against a grey sky, and the weather this morning was obliging. From there we popped up at Strawberry Mansion Bridge, crossed it and went around the reservoir, and then Ian took us on some paths around Brewerytown where I had never been. Just as I was cursing him for leading us on a set of ever narrowing trails, we popped up on top of the rock just north of the Girard Ave bridge which you drive through, tunnel-like on Kelly Drive. Pretty cool vantage point.

I took my leave of Ian and Craig when we got to Girard Ave and headed home. I went on 42nd Street, which is a through street again now that they've finished refurbishing the railroad bridge. And a nice bridge it is, although I miss the potholes in which you can look down through and see the tracks 100 feet below.

Radnor Run 5 miler is tomorrow. Yeah, I know, I'm racing way too much this fall, but I'm looking at it more as a "hard workout" (yeah that's it!) and its on the Grand Prix circuit and Tony will run the one mile run they have with it and my "coach" will be there and I'll have something to write about tomorrow. What more excuses do I need?

Impossible to gmap this course, so I'll conservatively say 13 in exactly 100 minutes, well, 1:40:01 to be exact.

Some glad morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away.
I'll fly away, Oh Glory, I'll fly away, in the morning.
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by, I'll fly away.

- traditional

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home