Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More Delco

Rain this morning, so I started working at 6 and took a break around 9 to go run. A good idea, for by then it was clear and sunny and mild.

Ran the same route I first ran a few Saturdays back that takes me by the Lansdowne Sycamore. This route also encompasses the future McCleary-Nike track and a little cross-country stretch along Cobbs Creek that leads past horse stables, over Cobbs Creek, and into Delaware County. As I made my approach to Lansdowne - turning right from Union Ave onto LaCrosse Ave - I already saw the tree from a few blocks away, and the closer I got the more magnificent it became. Truly an awesome tree.

My iPod, in contrast, will not last 300 years. I doubt it will last to next month. The only way I could get new stuff on it today was to reconfigure it and lose all of my old stuff. Not a big deal, as I don't keep anything on it that I don't have elsewhere, and actually a good thing as it will force me to put new stuff on there. But a telling sign.

So the only playlist that is currently on it is a compilation of running anthems that I quickly put together this morning. The prerequisites for being on this list is that, upon hearing the song, I must involuntary pick up my pace and, when it ends, that I have the urge to hit the repeat button. So I loaded them up and took off. It was wonderful to hear all these songs, some of which were staples from training cycles as far back as Boston 2003 and Grandmas 2004.

As a result, my time for this 10.5 mile loop was a brisk 71.18. Also got a second workout on tap for this evening - salsa dancing.

I'd divulge the song list, but I'm burning it onto a cd as a surprise for a friend. So keep it to yourselves.

I'll post the songs next week if I remember. Hell, I'd be happy to send anyone else a cd with them if you leave me a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home