Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Legs Running the Show

Time to get back to business today. Got up early and set out to do the dreaded Bloody Nipple loop.

Ran into KJ/Silas on Spruce Street and we ran down to the Art Museum together, speaking of racing and training regimens. With the daylight saving time, it now gets light just as I leave the house, and there was a beautiful pinkish/purplish sunrise over Center City.

Once we parted, I shifted it into high gear but couldn't quite get there speedwise. The MLK miles went in 5:53, 5:52, 5:49 (I think I'm gaining here), and 5:53 for 4 miles in 23:27. Not quite tempo pace but I swear my legs just set the pace and promptly ignored any messages my brain was sending it. Anaerobically I felt fine, but when the legs speak I have little choice but to listen.

But for the next segment I got that Radnor feeling back and cruised up the BN, hitting the summit in 8:41 and just hammering it over to Belmont Plateau for a total time of 16:10. Both of these are up there with the fastest times I have recorded for these checkpoints. So who knows what my legs were thinking.

So a mixed bag this morning, but it goes a long way toward my feeling back in the groove again. I really like hitting this loop hard, but only after I've done it and got it in the logbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home