Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stephen, Be Invincible In Extreme Conditions...

The message header is from a piece of running-related spam that was in my inbox this morning.

With a steady rain, conditions are fairly extreme out, and my morning run ain't gonna happen. And yeah, I could find time to squeeze it in during the day, but I have so many other obligations that it's about time for my running to take a hit.

I used to say my life was like juggling, keeping three balls going with one ball in the air while the other two were being attended to. Lately its felt like someone has thrown two or three more balls into the mix. I've been protective of that running ball, and I think just a few more days and I can let go of it for awhile. But I had a hard workout yesterday, and plan to have a hard workout tomorrow, and in the big picture its not going to matter much if I get my little ten miles in today or not. It'll just make my log a bit less perfect.

So I'll start my work, the ball that seems to be the least tended to of late, as soon as I finish this and try not to look back. On a day like today, running seems like a tyranny, one that I'll look forward to withdrawing from little by little, after Sunday. Or maybe starting now. I guess that's a sign that I'm ready, or just sick and tired. At this point I can't tell.

And back to the spam. I don't need your shit, I am invincible.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Are you going to become a joggler after your running career is over? Because then this metaphor is going to get really confusing. How will you juggle joggling, juggling, work, life and jogging?

Get what you can. If it's three miles, it's three, if it's nothing, it's nothing. If it's ten miles, it's ten. Whatever the case, you're the same runner you were yesterday. And that runner is a lot better than the runner he was a year ago, even if he has to miss a day or two.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home