Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Almost There

Ran this morning, blogging this evening. The more time passes the less I can think of to write about this run. Thus this should be brief.

Ran down to the Art Museum to hook up with the 9:30 Philly Runners crowd. Set out for three miles up MLK with John Dubs, Stevus and Jenn, and then peeled off at Strawberry Mansion Bridge and headed back to West Philly. Instead of the usual Belmont return, I tried a flanking action around the backside of the Mann and then south down 53rd. The neighborhood here is less familiar to me and the change in scenery was welcome. Folks also seemed welcoming, as though they don't get folks running past their houses often. One guy said, "Keep it up, you're almost there." Although it was still a few miles home, I took it to heart. A week and a day of hard training left.

The more difficult workout came this afternoon, when I took Maricela shopping. Her bedroom here, up till this afternoon, consisted of a bed and a lamp. So we basically filled the room, mainly at Ikea and Best Buy. I also finally replaced the factory installed cassette deck on the 97 Golf I'm driving and now I can, wonder of wonders, play cd's and even my iPod in the car. Hot damn. But I can shop only to a point, and when I reach that point I start getting foul tempered and anxious to get out of what feels like retail hell. I told Rebecca and she said it was obvious I hit the wall and was bonking. And that hits the nail on the head. Maybe I should bring some GU along on my next shopping workout. Or just avoid the damn things altogether.

Route clocks in at 11 miles, 89:58.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home