Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

Good Marathon Training

This was the first time this season where I finished yesterdays run in the dark and then started this mornings run in the same darkness. It was me, Deirdre, and KJ/Silas. We went out to Cobbs Creek and across Mount Moriah Cemetary to Kingsessing and back home. This ate up about 60 minutes, I wanted to go 80 minutes so I could log it as 10 miles - mas o menos.

It was a pretty morning to run, and promises to be another gorgeous day. Mist was rising off of the wet grass at Mount Moriah, and the sun was peeking over the hill and behind a row of headstones on the hill's crest. This concealed somewhat the disrepair that the cemetary was in, leading to a discussion of what you actually sign on for when you are assured you will be cared for "in perpetuity."

The last twenty minutes of the run, after KJ peeled off, were spent by me and Deirdre just running around West Philly and trying to kill time. I hate doing runs like that, it makes the time crawl and the route becomes something forced upon me. But that can be rationalized as good mental conditioning. Running with Deirdre and KJ kept my pace honest, and forced me to keep up despite very sore calves. My legs felt a little bit like they were on the last 10k of a marathon. Not the most pleasant of feelings to run with but again, it can be pawned off as good marathon training.

I think I will continue this pattern today and write off everything that I don't like for its own sake as good marathon training.

Ran for 88:23, call it 10.5 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home