Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 25, 2006

"Long" Run

None of my peeps came out for the 9:30 Philly Runners run. I went out around the Drives with the lead group among those who did show - four women and one guy, all strangers to me - and chafed at the 8 minute pace and the 20-something girl banter. So at about 2 miles when my legs picked it up my head didn't intervene.

I pulled away and enjoyed a beautiful sunny loop in solitude. I eventually settled into a 7:15/7:30 pace and just relaxed. Didn't feel like Queen of the F*****g Universe this morning, just a guy out on a morning jog and happy for stealing away yet another mild day. Calves felt beat up after about mile 7 or so, Achilles held their own.

8.5 mile loop in 62:45, total with back and forth to the car was 9+ miles in 69:08. This puts me at 3001 miles logged for the year. Previous best in a year was 26-hundred something in '05.

The runs just get shorter from here on in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home