Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Temporary Like Achilles

Easy six this morning. In other words, about what Ian does for a long run these days.

Nobody else came out to play this morning, which I was actually glad for because I felt like a solitary run. Overcast and a bit cold for the shorts and t-shirt I was wearing, but I only noticed this when I turned off of Cobbs Creek and back East onto Warrington and got a stiff wind blowing in my face. I noticed it again when I got back home and it took all the strength I could muster to turn the key and open the door.

On overcast mornings things get lighter by degrees, almost imperceptibly. Such was the case on mornings such as this, and I was in the "butterfly sanctuary" on Cobbs Creek before I realized it was light. Here the path continues along the river into a solitary area behind rows of houses. For about a half a mile I can pretend I'm in the country and this path goes on through the woods forever. But instead I do the next best thing, which is to take a piece of this back home with me. And now I'll deposit it here.

Achilles still feel tender. Better than yesterday, but still telling me to relax them. Chuck wanted me to run Brandywine, a cross country meet, over the weekend, but it seems like the ups and downs of a course like that one would be a perfect one to run if I ever set out t0 aggravate these tendons. So optimism and care remain the key words for handling this situation.

Treated myself to a first listening of Dave Alvin's Ashgrove cd, which came out last year, during this morning's run. Great cd with a somber tone that fit well into the greys of this morning. Can't wait to listen to it again.

And finally, taking another rest day tomorrow, so I'll take this time to wish y'all a Happy Thanksgiving and blog y'all back on Friday.

Loop is here, six miles in 52:01.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home