Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Fog of Running

Through the misty morn
Seebo flies through the city
Feet, heart marking time


This haiku was waiting on my phone upon my return this morning. I hope the author doesn't mind that I post it. She hints at how delicious the fog was this morning. And indeed it was tasty, especially in how it shrouded the older Penn structures such as Irvine Auditorium and the Anthropology Museum, and rose from the Schuylkill to almost totally envelop the Cira Centre.

Almost doubled last week's total mileage. Left my watch at home, with profound effect. Many mornings running along the Schuylkill on my way to hard workouts on the Drives I envy folks I'd pass on the bike path in their lack of apparent urgency and intensity. Just by taking off my watch, today I felt in solidarity with those runners.

I needed today's run, to just surrender myself to the lingering fog. The soreness I felt in my legs still carried memories of CIM. Hard to believe that was only a week and a half ago.

6.5 miles in who the *@#$ knows (or cares) how many minutes and seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home