Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, December 04, 2006

CIM - Short Version

Just wanted to check in here.

Rebecca and I got back to Philly a short time ago. Long traveling day today after a very nice weekend which, on top of many wonderful things, I had no internet access.

Many of you have by now heard or looked up my CIM time - 2:36:36. This is the cherry on top of a fairy tale season and I am ecstatic.

For the reader's digest version - where I had earlier in the season had the more modest goal of breaking 2:40, at the prodding of friends and the opportunity of working the race with Mike S., someone I got introduced to through the blogosphere and who was shooting to break 2:35, I dropped my goal time down to sub 2:35 (a 5:54 pace). Mike and I clicked nicely and for the first 20 miles everything went almost exactly to plan - 58:55 (5 seconds faster than pace) at mile 10; 1:17:09 (21 seconds in the bank) at the half; and 1:58:03 (3 seconds over goal pace) at mile 20. By this point however my splits had slowed a bit (6:13 ended up being my slowest timed mile) and I realized that I had aimed high shooting for a 2:35 yet managed to get a very satisfactory time out of it. I am ecstatic about that. And, oh yeah, 33rd place overall, and 3rd Masters finisher, which gets me a $100 payday.

Much more to the race and much more to a wonderful weekend in Gold Country with Rebecca, and I will write about it in depth sometime in the next few days. In the meantime, Mike posts a well done race report in which you can get some impression of my race as well. I've got to go to Columbus tomorrow for business and tonight I need to get to bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Congratulations on your marathon! That's a nice run, didn't know you were a Master.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I came here via Mike's blog.

Congratulations on a fantastic race, you're clearly a master in more than one way.

8:01 AM  
Blogger jim said...

nice one Seebo - congrats on a great race!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Congratulations on a great marathon performance and your $100 Payday.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cash money, a nice trip with your honey, and a big fat PR. What a weekend. You earned it Seebo, it was a pleasure running with you (for as long as I could!).

5:09 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Nice race there 'master'. Have a good recovery and enjoy the off season.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home