Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm Ready

I was sitting with my friend Bruce in the Green Line Cafe a few months back and he was telling me about his vacation in Mexico. He said it was just the right length, as he was thinking of getting home and all the things he wanted to do there just about when the vacation ended.

That made alot of sense to me at the time, and is how I felt this morning. Its time to get running again. Don't get me wrong, I liked waking up in the morning, thinking about whether I wanted to run or not, and then, guilt free, rolling back over and deciding not to. After putting in 3000+ miles this year, that's an undescribably delicious feeling. But I've had enough of that.

Today is the last day I've got to work this year. USP will shut down for the holidays starting tomorrow, and I'm thinking its a good time to start running regularly, maybe getting back up to 40 or 50 next week so that when the new year starts I'll be flush with resolution and ready again to torque up the mileage. No speed or anything fancy for January, just miles. And all of the miles I proudly logged this year will now taunt me to get more in 2007. That is the problem with personal bests.

I was talking with my roomate Kevin last night about our top ten running moments of '06. I started that last year in a blog entry and he followed suit. I had forgotten about that and will write the 2nd annual top ten sometime next week.

Rebecca emailed and suggested that I write about my workouts towards my efforts at gaining ten pounds and a pair of love handles by the New Year. She has chided me on my lack of progress towards this pursuit and I must admit the results have been disappointing. But I had a good workout yesterday, with our immediate office having a pot luck Christmas Party with a spread laid out for lunch and remaining in the hall all day long. So each time I got up I'd help myself to a variety of food, including a most excellent rice pudding, which I must have consumed half of. I brought chili, and made sure there were no leftovers by finishing it off for dinner before I left that night. When I got home I then proceeded to have a second dinner, and brought the workout home with a cold frosty beverage. Today is the university-wide Christmas party, which always features an opulent and gluttonous spread, and should again give me the opportunity for a good workout. And then come the holidays, so perhaps all is not lost.

It would help my efforts if I had an American scale, Kevin's scale only gives weight in kilos and stone.

Oh yeah, I did run this morning. 4 miles on still stiff and sore legs. Franklin Field loop with two laps on the track in a pedestrian 35:25.

Its good to be blogging again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home