Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fast Train

Got to bed earlier last night and got up earlier this morning. Cold and dark out, it'll be like this for awhile now. Went out and ran my old nemesis - the BN loop. We had a truce this morning however: I wouldn't try to spank it and it wouldn't try to break me. Its not that time yet.

But this run nearly did break me. Not from hammering the pace or hitting the hills hard but from mile after slow mile. Last night after work I went to the gym for a second workout, pounding the treadmill and knocking out 4.5 miles in 29 flat. This morning my legs weren't going to do anything but slow and steady, and that is a hard pace to maintain on MLK drive - a desolate place on a dark January morning.

Really had to push to keep going, and feel a little better now for it. Took Solomon Burke with me on the iPod. Although some of my pharmacy colleagues at USP would stongly disagree, some aches and pains require a homeopathic approach.

13.5 miles in 110:57.

And you keep on moving on, to the sound of the wheels,
Deep down in your heart, do you really know how you feel?
Then you start breaking down, going through the pain,
Keep on moving on a fast train, moving on a fast train.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hey, how is the recovery from Sacramento coming, you seem to be in fine form. You won’t remember me from the race, but we clipped feet around mile 6? I apologize. Prior to that, you and Mike (?) had steamed by, somebody mentioning the 2:34/6 train? I hopped on for a while but then slipped back to a more comfortable pace.

Anyhow, good luck with your current training.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home