Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 11, 2007

KJ PHD

This was the signature to a text I got from KJ last night, looking to get in some miles with me this morning.

He has indeed successfully defended his dissertation, which goes to show that if you run with Club West Philly long enough, you too will have people calling you "Doctor." 100% results sofar.

Another chilly morning on the west side. KJ and I ran out to Cobbs Creek and looped around through Mt. Moriah cemetary and onto Kingsessing Ave. The sunrise hit just as we were whistling through the graveyard, and it silhouetted the gravestones on the hills. Instead of a military cemetary, with the gravestones lined up by both row and diagonal, in Mt. Moriah the headstones were more undisciplined - clumped and clustered and cockeyed - like a crowd. This inspired a discussion about zombies.

My fingers are still stiff from cold as I type this.

Folks are starting to ask me about spring marathons, and I need to get thinking about this. This is a good thing, a fun thing. In the dead of winter the beast within is awakening.

Ran to 39th St. to add on a little extra. Total on this course is 9 miles in 68:12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home