Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Is is June?

Never made it out to run yesterday. I did get some cross-training in, maybe the equivalent of a 5 mile run, but I can't count that in my log.

So I was ready to run hard today. Having it be sunny and in the 60's helped. Ran out to meet Ian at the Art Museum and we caught up on about six weeks of not seeing each other. Ian's been training for a fast 5k, so he's been focusing on speed over distance. So it was a fast 8 and a half round the Drives (the eight measured miles went by in 52:47). Curiously, we both yapped back and forth for the whole run, which is what the "experts" say is the recommended pace for a nice leisurely run. I got him caught up on everything from California on, he came back with his recent trip to Boulder and his piece in the current issue of Runners World. Pick up the issue or check it out here. Being deep in conversation made me forget the pace we were going at until we stopped and I realized how much my legs ached.

When we got back around to the Art Museum, the Philly Runners Saturday morning group had assembled and I got to catch up with some of my peeps there as well. Most importantly, got to congratulate John in person on his recent engagement. We'll see if a ball and chain slows John down any. John and Heather met on a Philly Runner group run, which would give this group a better meet-marriage ratio than the dating services. One more reason to run (or not to).

I ran a bit up MLK with these folks. Out of the five in the front pack that I was running with: John, Craig, Kevin, Stevus & Ben, the first three will run the Boston Marathon for the first time in April. I was getting all excited, the way only a geek can, in telling them about all the wonderful things that lay in store for them in running their first Boston.

Then I turned off at Sweetbriar and headed home through West Philly. I realized now how beat up my legs felt, but this failed to put a dent in the exuberent buzz in my head. A glorious morning all around.

15.5 miles in 1:52:16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home