Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Overbrook Sunrise

Out into the cold dark again this morning. Did the Acme loop, which I haven't run in ages: down thr0ugh Penn's campus to Powelton to Mantua through Fairmount Park to Wynnewood to Overbrook through Carroll Park and back to the UC. Indeed a city of neighborhoods.

Lyle Lovett on the iPod this morning. His subdued country twanging didn't quite fit in with the gritty Mantua streets I was running through, but this morning I was into the dissonance. Back to the allopathic I suppose.

I tried to figure out the precise moment the darkness ends. Its strange. I'm running through the dark for awhile and at one point I realize that its getting light. So at what point is it light and not dark anymore? I always seem to miss that threshold.

And then I turned off of the Lebanon hill onto 57th St. and right into a beautiful sunrise over Center City in the distance. All swirly pink-orangy clouds. I've commented in the past how, from a distance, Overbrook High looks like the Fortress of the Flying Monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. Today I was by OHS and against the sunrise Center City looked like the Emerald City (only it wasn't emerald). A beautiful beautiful sight.

No need for speed this morning. Feels strange running this loop alone; Club West Philly, I miss you.

Tacked on 6 extra minutes to the Acme loop (34th & Lebanon version), 10+ miles in 87:12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home