Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, February 02, 2007

Back to Tinicum

Ran the figure 8 loop around the perimeter of the John Heinz-Tinicum Wildlife Refuge. Each time I have run this I have raved about it here, and the temptation is to do so again.

It is such a beautiful run. Today the sky was grey and the ground was dusted white by just a touch of fresh snow. The ground had the consistency of a springy track and the tide was low, exposing huge mudflats. I saw at least four Red-Tailed Hawks, spooked 7 or 8 Great Blue Herons, countless cardinals and sparrows, and, as the highlight, saw a pair of Wild Turkeys cross the path in front of me. All this without seeing another soul (human that is!) on the run. Just a beautiful run.

Today called for an easy 8. It started out that way but picked up speed as the run progressed. Couldn't help it. Just a celebration of being in a wonderful space and time. Conservatively, call it 9 in 73:55.

Let's go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home