Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 09, 2007

Don't Look Back

My difficulties keeping the schedule continue. I had to go back to Washington yesterday (Thursday). I was pleased with myself for thinking ahead and staying overnight on Wednesday with my sister. Not only did it provide a good opportunity to visit with Annette, but I could also get my tempo workout done in the morning. But the snowfall we had on Wednesday stuck around, and the track was unrunnable yesterday morning. I saw no way around it and took a DNR. It hurts to do this on a hard workout day.

So I need to keep GP's instructions in mind. Instead of rearranging and getting in this workout today, I need to tell myself to cut my losses and just write off yesterday's workout. Just keep going and don't look back. There's going to be a certain amount of collateral damage incurred this time of year due to the weather. Don't deny it and don't try to compensate by twisting my workouts into a pretzel shaped schedule. But it was still a costly workout to miss, and that sticks too.

So this morning I stuck with the plan. I ran 9.5 or so on Lindbergh Blvd and Tinicum. The morning was chilly but sunny and no wind. My spirits were high, I was happy, and the future looks bright. But I didn't wear shades.

9.5 in 72.51

1 Comments:

Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Smart to "cut your losses", not always an easy thing to do, but as a longtime veteran runner, I can tell you that was the best thing to do. I'm down in Houston, but used to do work up in the King of Prussia area and loved to run out at Valley Forge. I hope you've had a chance to get out there and do some training.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home