Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 19, 2007

Peregrinations

Catching up with blogging yesterday's run. Wish I could blog today's run too but it was not meant to be.

I've decided I'll wait two weeks and run the rescheduled Adrenaline 5k. The bright side of that is that, as Kevin points out, it gives me two extra weeks to train. The downside to that is that its hard to pick things up for two more weeks when I was psyched to have raced by now. Add to all that that life precluded running today and my running really feels up in the air.

That's not the end of the world. Today was supposed to be a six miler, a maintenance run. In the big scheme of things I should hardly miss it. So go with that. I don't need to be feeling sorry for myself, although the temptation to do so is there.

Ran 10.5 yesterday. The snow is still on the ground. I wanted to run in Tinicum, but the snow nixed that. Instead I explored some back roads around the airport. This got me off track and turned around some, but did lead me past the big USAirways tarmac where I saw a pair of Peregrine Falcons flying about. Unmistakeable, close up and low, were acting as if they owned the place. It didn't matter what else happened on the run, that was worth going out for. Ended up running through a maze of working class, vintage subdivisions in Ridley Park and Prospect Park to get the desired mileage in. Wanted to pick things up at the end but wasn't in the mindset to do so.

I keep coming back to the Peregrines. If I could run like they were flying around, I'd be unbeatable.

10.5 miles in 82:15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home