Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 30, 2007

Hey Hey. . .

Lets go!

What a difference two weeks make. Sunny and chilly this morning; I would not mind if tomorrow morning were just like it. Mike's theory is that while sunshine is not technically ideal, it nonetheless is conducive to fast times, probably due to the positive psychological boost embedded in its rays. I'll buy that.

Easy three or so going west on Pine, south on 60th and back east on Cedar. Did strides for the middle portion. One block on, one block recovery. Felt forced and stiff at first, by about three of them I was tearing it up. Felt like I was racing. The streets became Haddonfield (although a few rungs lower on the socioeconomic ladder) and I was flying. This felt great.

I'm ready. 3 or so miles in 26:43.

I got me a fearless heart.
Strong enough to get you through the scary parts.
-Steve Earle

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I saw a study recently, in either Running Times or NYT, that looked at elite finishing times in major marathons. The conclusion was that "ideal racing conditions" are 50s and sunny, not 50s and overcast - like Mike says, probably due to the psychological boost.

Go get em!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home