Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dear Prudence

Schedule called for a double today - six and six. I did my six this morning, 6.5 actually
in 43:57 - Art Museum loop. For old times sake.

In the middle of the run I thought I just should have run the whole 12 this morning. The rest of the day will be crazy, right up to teaching till 8 and then getting the kids to bed will keep me busy till 9:30ish. By then I'll be too tired to run. I still kept thoughts of running in my head, but when it came time to go I gave it up. Not out of laziness (never) but out of common sense. I wouldn't get that much out of the extra six miles, and not doing it will make the difference between going to bed late or insanely late. Plus I wanna get up early and run the track tomorrow morning. There is a workout I really don't want to miss. So I played it prudent tonight.

Never happy about coming up short mileagewise. The main lesson I draw from today is the need to plan ahead better. Getting up a bit earlier would have let me get this run in. It also means I haven't escaped the doldrums yet. GP, as usual, shows no sympathy for this, but does commend me for not falling into self-pity mode this time around. Ian sent me a few tunes to jump start me, I think I need to download some more stuff too.

Finally, kudos to the ten or so folks I know who ran Boston on a tough day. I heard from Paul and John has his lbrr on his blog. These are the only folks I've heard from. Both PR'd, which is not shabby at all.

Tomorrow's workout will make a huge difference as to how I approach Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home