Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

74 hours 21 minutes

Was what my stopwatch said this morning. I had forgot to stop it after my last workout. Thus you subtract about an hour from that and you can tell how long it was since I last ran.

No wonder I felt out of sorts yesterday.

Today will be a catchup (as opposed to catsup) entry. I had a busy weekend, a holiday weekend, and I just didn't get around to blogging. I don't feel bad about it, but will feel better when I am caught up again in a few minutes.

Lets see. Wow, Friday was a double day. 5 miles in the morning, 7:30/8ish pace through the lower dyke loop in Tinicum, the afternoon was a 3-ish 21 minute jaunt through West Philly which ended up at the bike store where I picked up my newly repaired bike. So 8 miles total.

Saturday was my birthday. These days I'm always glad I run on my birthday as getting that extra year means I get cut a little more slack on the age grades for the race times. I started my day by running an easy two miles out to the Interboro High School track and running 2 miles (actually 3200 meters) in a target time of 11 minutes. Remembered my 800 splits, which ran 2:50; 2:45; 2:43 & 2:37 for a 10:55 total time. I'll take it. I like how I negative split each progressive 800. Did 8x10 secs at 4:40 pace with 30 sec recoveries and headed back. Don't have the total time but got 7 miles out of it.

Also went out to spectate, to cheer newly minted PACTC runners Rebecca and Amy, as well as Chuck, Matt and the other PACTC boys at the Tyler Arboretum 10k Trail Run. PACTC did well, as did all four I just gave mention to. Then that evening team "Easy on the Eyes" along with our dates (who are actually much easier on the eyes than we) finally made it out to celebrate our team victory at the Parkway Run last fall. We celebrated in high style with the dinner, which we won, at the Fountain Restaurant. Zagat's agrees with me when I say it is the best meal in Philadelphia.

Then Easter was off intentionally and yesterday was off unintentionally, both due to traveling.

Which brings us to this morning. GP had me doing 10, 5 at 6:45ish pace and the last five in 30 minutes. I was an overachiever all around as I added a warmup and a cooldown mile, ran the first five (post warmup) miles in 6:25-6:35 range, and ran the next five in 29:20 (last mile in 5:45). Felt strong and the run was not at maximum effort. Feels good to be back in the groove. 12 miles total in 67:18.

All caught up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home