Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Run Down

Eight miles this morning. For some reason it felt like eighty.

Dunno why. It was a beautiful morning, sunny and chilly enough to where I didn't break a sweat. The sun is coming up these days so that it is right on the horizon when I step out. I was under no pace obligations, and maintained pace that from what I could tell was in the high sevens. Everything is green and in bloom and a great time to run.

My head, however, just wasn't in it. Maybe I just don't feel in the groove again. Maybe I've just forgotten how to run "normal" - just going out and putting one foot in front of the other. I ran with my iPod, which I haven't been doing much lately, and became painfully aware of how I have no current inspirational music. After rummaging through the stuff that was on it, I dug up the new Matthew Ryan album which I hadn't listened to much, but that didn't do it for me. So I switched midstream to something more familiar, but whose name I'd rather not invoke, which helped with the pacing but still didn't get me going. I need new music. All that, and I was tired.

So good thing that it was an easy day. I won't make more of it than that. Not feeling sorry for myself, just in some doldrums. Sweetbriar loop up to 48th St, 8 miles in 63:55.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home