Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, April 20, 2007

What It Feels Like to Fly

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly
They gather the courage and they give it a try...

More Patty Griffin. Good lyrics for how I feel about tomorrow's race. Here's to courage to go out really fast and if it falls apart later, just to let it happen. Just go out there and fly.

I'm getting my heart back into it.

Ran 9 miles yesterday. Montgomery Ave loop. Straight up. I had a hard day yesterday, one which I felt would have went alot worse if I hadn't laced up my sneakers. Run was so-so, but it was getting out there that was important. It felt like having done that I had a base from which to deal with the rest of my day. Also got to see spring - beautiful whites pinks and purples coloring the otherwise grey morning.

Legs were sore yesterday, I'm inclined to give them a break today. But the weather is really too nice not to go out there for a little bit. We'll see.

The old girl's going down. If not tomorrow morning, then soon.

9 miles yesterday in 67:29. 2 marked miles in just under 14 to give some idea of pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home