Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, April 23, 2007

Beautiful Morning

Didn’t get around to running yesterday, so I made that my rest day and went out this morning. Wanted to get in 15 but overslept a bit so I had to settle for 11. Good thing about that is when you have your mind set on 15, then 11 seems quick.

This week will be an easy week anyway in preparation for this Sunday’s Lehigh Valley Half Marathon. I have no idea how I’ll feel for that race. GP says that speed preps for longer stuff much better than the other way around. Gotta take him at his word.

The only drawback about not running longer this morning was that it cut down the time I got to spend in what is close to perfect weather outside. Absolutely gorgeous with Spring colors everywhere.. My legs felt strong as I ran the longer version of the Strawberry Mansion Bridge loop. The three marked MLK miles clocked in at 21:29, which was pretty representative of the pace I took it at. The pace felt easy, and was facilitated by listening to a tribute album to Boozoo Chavis – a brew of driving Cajun, blues, zydeco and other stuff that’s prototypical swamp music.

I got to gloat a bit on this run as well as the MLK miles took me back on the course of Saturday’s race. Still on that high but looking ahead again.

11 miles in 83:59

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home