Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, May 17, 2007

To Live Is to Fly

Did some living but not much flying on my run this morning.

A destination run to home, through Tinicum and SW Philly. My spirits were up and the weather was beautiful after last night's rainstorms. I've found that each run through Tinicum usually spotlights one particular facet of the wildlife. Today it was rabbits. I must have seen at least 20 of them. I also happened to have my cell phone with me, so I stopped frequently to take photos. On one of those stops, I was about to go again when I heard the bass throb of a bullfrog. It was the richest, most resonant, beautiful sound I've heard in a long time. I stuck around and the frog obliged me with several more utterances.

I'm pasting some pics here that hopefully give some impression of what a beautiful place Tinicum is to run and to just be. No pics of SW Philly, however. When I got there I figured I better get a move on if I want to get under a 10 minute pace.

9.5 miles in 86:37. Almost 14 minutes slower than the last time I ran this course. Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Wow. Looks (and sounds!) awesome. I want in on the next Tinicum run.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home