Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Unplanned

Some days plans just don't work.

Saturday morning. Kids have ruined them for life. Or is it the morning workouts that have done it. 5:45 I was up. I managed to force myself back to sleep but by 7:30 it was all the sleep I was going to get. So I laced up my shoes.

I was looking for a way to squeeze 12 miles out of my 11-mile SMB loop when Kevin came downstairs headed out to do his recovery run. (If you want to check out an insane workout he recently did, check out his May 17 entry here.) So I tagged along with him doing a few laps around Clark Park and headed off on my own. Got down to the Schuylkill bike path and ran into Deirdre, who was headed over to the Art Museum to meet up with Philly Runners. So I went over there with her. There were maybe 25 people there, I don't think I knew more than five. When everyone broke to leave it was me, Deirdre, and Kevin G running together. At Montgomery Ave me and D broke off to run the Belmont Plateau fire trail and KG continued up MLK. I haven't seen D for weeks, so we spent the rest of the run catching up. Lots to talk about.

Beautiful day to just run wherever the wind blew me today. The course is impossible to measure, total running time was 1:52:24. Given an 8 minute pace, conservative given the folks I was running with, I'll call it 14 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home