Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

AAAEEEEE!

My mom was right. It was a bit chilly this morning. Sunny and crisp. Beautiful running weather.

My legs are starting to feel the effects of my increased mileage. They didn't want to run this morning, and if it wasn't for the weather being too good to pass up, I might have stayed in bed. As it was I made it out a bit later. Get in a few miles, I said to myself, even a few will feel alot better than a DNR.

Tinicum did not disappoint. Ran the Carwash and the connecting trail to the base of the upper loop, and headed back down through Boring Part. I shut out the sounds of the refuge this morning with various Cajun/zydeco stuff that I needed to get me going. A good low to the ground swampy beat got my pace up from an initial 9:37 mile to a pace just sub 8. Counted three turtles and had to shoo many geese off of Carwash. A few times I shouted and pumped my fist in the air just for the joy of being out there.

That about sums up what today's run was about. Depending on logistics I may go out for an encore run this evening.

Probably about 10k, but I'll round it down to 6 in 52:49.

PS - Good to see your comment, Bobby. Give me a holler when the 2 St. gets closer. I asked Andy about you at Broad St. Hope you been running.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Just to clarify... is AAAEEEEE! the sound you make when a) you are really happy b) when you are intimidating the local water fowl or c) when you get into a really cold shower?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home