Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Just the Facts

Two runs this weekend. Yesterday I went long - 17.5 to be exact. Did the same 15.5 loop around the airport and through Tinicum that I did last Sunday, plus a part of the neighborhood loop through Ridley Park that I did on Thursday. Got a late start and paid for it with the resulting heat. It was a dry heat with a wind that made for primo dehydrating conditions and I couldn't drink enough liquids for the rest of the day. I found myself more patient on this run than I am on most long runs, able to focus more on reaching landmarks that I could see just ahead, rather than saying X more miles to go. This helped. I also was still able to cruise along at 7:20 or so in the last five miles. Not smoking, but where I want to be. 17.5 in 2:20:21.

Today I ran in Philly for the first time in awhile. Out to Cobbs Creek to do the Locust-Warrington loop. Again it was hot, and my time was limited, and with two hard workouts in the prior two days I took it easy today. 6+ miles in 51:34. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals on the iPod. Kevin turned me onto them, and they are coming to town next month at an XPN music festival. Good stuff. 6+ in 51:34.

77 miles this week. I'll take it.

Just the facts today. Don't have much time tonight to be writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home