Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Untitled

Yesterday's workout kicked my butt. I was walking around gingerly all yesterday and couldn't even muster a trot when I got stuck in an afternoon thunderstorm on my way back from lunch at the Greenline.

So I took it easy this morning. Real easy. Headed out to Tinicum to see how far I would go. Decided to go out and back 3 miles on the Boring Part, as I wanted to avoid the full effect of Carwash this morning (it rained last night). To my amusement, the run became a progression run of sorts. First mile I could barely get moving - 9:59 (Reba: "that's slower than me") and then 9:11 and 8:48 to the turnaround. In reverse these miles went down in 8:34; 7:58 and 7:30. This put me in the unique position of not wanting my run to be over when I finished, so I took another 8:30 (turned out closer to 9) through the neighborhood streets to "cool down." The Rosebuds were on the iPod and then a mix of songs, including "Letter from an Occupant" that Some Guy once sent me. 7 miles or so in 60:54. I'd like to get in a few more tonight, but haven't been successful in doing so the last few times I've wanted to.

I also took a little time out yesterday to get reconnected with some blogs. Last two months its been all I could do to check in on the four or five local buddies I got who blog. Yesterday I expanded things again by visiting Mike's blog, one of the better known running blogs. Mike and I paced each other to PR's at last December's Cal International Marathon, and we stand to do an encore performance of this, as we are both signed up to run Twin Cities. On catching up with him I realized the value of this as a source of support, as Mike not only has a good blog to read but also is second to none in acting as glue for a virtual community of runners/bloggers. I also went back to folks who have left me comments who are around my age/speed and bookmarked them, and hope to catch up more later today. I hope I can actualize my intention to get more tuned in again, and will write more on it if I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

your right about the blogs as a source of value, support and motivation-run strong

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Seebo, come October it's a date! Good to see you taking it easy when you need to, we have lots of time to get strong. Thanks for the kind words, I think it's probably the coach and his advice that acts as a "glue" (it couldn't be me just rambling on about kids throwing up, could it?).

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home