Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, June 29, 2007

Knocking on Heavens Door

Listening to Warren Zevon this morning, and his cover of this song came on. It got me energized. Thought knocking applied to my life in several respects, all in good respects. Among them, after the last two days I'm knocking on my own door again, as I now own the house I lived in on Hazel all by myself (well, with the bank). I'll move back in August.

Got up a bit late and had to drive Tony early, so I didn't get much time to run. Ran Pine down to 63rd and back on Cedar. I'm in a slump. Don't worry, I'm not going to whine. Gotta keep it in perspective. I thought of Pat Burrell. He's getting paid $12 million a year and has the expectations of thousands of Phillies fans on him. Tony and I went to last night's game, which the Phils won in 10 innings, and Pat got up once to pinch hit. He struck out. He was roundly booed.

So not my best week sofar, two missed runs and hardly a run today. When I hear boos I'll start to worry. 3.5+ miles in 34:03.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

What a great game, I was there too and luckily under cover.

Congrats on the "new" place. Will your roommate be joining you in the move?

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home