Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Putting the "Cheetah" back into SPRNTC

The official logo of my fall 07 marathon campaign. Okay, so it is probably copyrighted and trademarked by this South African wine company, but that is how I want to visualize myself.

And in return I'll give an endorsement for their Cabernet-Pinotage, which Reba and I had with dinner last night and which we found to be an ideal blend of what we each like in a wine. That's an achievement.

Anyway, this cheetah was not in prime pouncing mode this morning, but did make it out to run out to Cargo City, the name for the backstage of the airport, back to Bartram Ave and around to the north end of Tinicum. I like this run not so much for the scenery but for the long, flat solitary straightaways, which suited my mood perfectly this morning. The musical theme was high energy, improvisational jazz sax, brought to me first by Fela Kuti and then by Sonny Rollins. It was, I daresay, perfect. A light rain about midway through the run cooled things off a bit.

Pace started at about 9 1/2 and I got it down to about 7 1/2. 12.5 miles in 1:41:21. Even cheetahs have easy days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home