Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday Night Lights

Did a double today.

First run was this morning with Reba. The last time I ran with her was the first time I laid eyes on the fine lass. That time, the attraction wasn't immediate and the running was a bit, shall we say, uncomfortable. This time around I felt more relaxed. We ran the Art Museum loop and I enjoyed showing her a route that I have run many times in my short little life. Like introducing Reba to an old friend. If I'm lucky it'll be less than ten months before I get to run with Reba a third time.

6+ miles in 55:31.

I haven't read Reba's take on the run yet. I still don't have permission to link to her blog, so all I can say is to google "Reba" and "Seebo" and scroll a little through the hits and you'll find it.

I also just got back from my PM run: a dark dark night on a dark dark track. Bats were flying about my head as I'd go around the far turn and I hit the split button on my watch without being able to see how fast I was going. That was penance for dawdling a bit around the house after work, to the point where I knew I'd be running in the dark. I considered bagging the run, but took it as a kind of gut check to how serious I was at all about training anymore, because if I blew it off today there would be no way I could really make up this workout later this week.

That being said, I would hardly call the track workout Zatopecian. 2 sets of 4x400's, with 200m recovery between the reps and 600m recovery between the sets. Time range was between 78 and 80, exactly what I was shooting for. Inauspicious but I'll take it. 5 miles total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home