Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Long Hot Run

One key to more consistent training is getting to bed early. This didn't happen last night. But I was determined to run anyway. I had it in my mind and bided my time this morning until I finally made it out - a little before 11. The penalty I paid for this was a hot sun beating down.

I needed to be back by 1. So that gave me two hours to run. About 15 miles.

Another key to consistent running is to have my music set up to go. I bought new, quality headphones yesterday and put every song just about that has ever inspired me to run on one playlist, and even borrowed a few that Ian has sent me over the years.

I had about 30 songs that would last about two hours. I was set.

With weather like this you just bear down and run. I made sure I was well hydrated upon going out and I had me a belly full of crepes for fuel. Ran out to Manayunk via Kelly Drive doing the marked miles at an 8 flat pace. From there it was across the river on Green Lane and running Belmont from its inception down to where it becomes 44th St., and then some.

Listening to what got me going in years past worked. May have worked two well in that it was an emotional run. I tuned into different times and frames of mind as the songs, arranged in no particular order, progressed. This emotion was my fuel last year, and it is what is missing this time around.

So I'm on a roll again. We'll see how long it lasts. Call it 15 miles, 2:03:46.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home