Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Recovery Run

One of the reasons why I am so up on my PDR performance on Sunday is that I feel back into things, that I can get a good racing season yet out of this Fall. I felt excited at the prospect of working out hard again with a goal in mind.

Then came this morning and the prospect of actually having to run the run. This should have been a hard workout but I took advantage of some lingering soreness and did a "Tenicum" - my bread and butter 10 mile loop through Tinicum - instead. That enthusiasm from yesterday wasn't there, but I'm old enough not to have looked for it. Running is ultimately about hard work and going out there time after time when its the last thing you want to do... and then go and do it again the next day, or the same afternoon. Relentlessly.

But I'm overdramatizing. I reminded myself that I should be enthusiastic, laughed that I wasn't, put on my shoes and set out. Tenicum was a good call this morning. I didn't feel great runningwise, and headphone problems and a tumble and some other things kept my run from ever getting into a good rhythm. That being said, I hit Tinicum right at sunrise and it was beautiful. As Reba mentioned, the bunnies are largely gone and instead I am seeing many more deer (leading me to wonder if the bunnies grow up to become deer). I saw a pair of turkeys that were closer and more sleek than I had ever seen them (so pretty they could have been on a liquor bottle) and got schooled by a fox who let me get to within about 30 meters and then just took off down the trail, front feet and back feet bounding together, and really hammered it for a good 200 meters before he got out of sight.

I better hang with the woodchucks, as I am far from the fastest creature to lurk in Tinicum.

10 miles in 90:41, this includes some running clock for different stops (stoppage time?). Last five in 39:25 is a more accurate gauge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home