Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, September 24, 2007

Squeezing One Out


Greetings from Columbus Ohio. Here is a pic I found on the web that is virtually identical to the view I have from the desk in my hotel room. I'm out here overnight on business.

Didn't plan to run today, but my plane got in early (USAir no less!) and I had about an hour at the hotel this morning to kill before I had to go off to my meeting. I used the time productively by getting in 4 miles on the hotel's hamster wheel.

There usually isn't much to write about when doing treadmill workouts except for the ideosyncracies of how I interact with the machinery - both the treadmill itself and whatever form of electronic diversion - iPod, tv, etc. - one uses to ease the tedium of these workouts. Its been months since I've last run indoors, so these elements were very apparent to me. Yet I don't feel much like going into details, and I don't know how much anyone would want to read them. My only interesting thought would be how, Buddhist-like, I could some time do my best to eliminate any diversion and just run the hamster wheel and contemplate the nothingness. A sure way to nirvana - or insanity.

Four miles was about right this morning. Not only was it all I had time for, but it also was, for me, an easy run after yesterday. This is preferable to a DNR because it lets me put some miles into my log - letting me keep momentum and maintain some semblance of weekly mileage.

So 4 it was. In 29:13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home