Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Baby Steps

John (in his comment) is right in that the swelling looks ugly. I was discouraged last night when I took that picture. However I'm surprised at the speed at which my mobility is coming back.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to return to a "normal" walking motion, after spending the day before on crutches and that morning swinging my right leg in a stiff kneed motion. I was still favoring the outside of my right foot. This morning that walk was easier, and on two occasions coming to work I broke into a little jog for 20 meters or so and it worked!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to do a workout today. There still is pain and I still favor the outside of my foot. But while the foot continues to look ugly, its definitely feeling better.

We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Seebo:

You should post a disclaimer before putting up pictures like that! Sorry about the ankle.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think we actually met in the chute at Broad St. I was right behind you there and looks like right in front of you at the PDR. I'll drop you a note, I'd love to catch up for a long run sometime.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home