Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 19, 2007

Square One

A quick update on my foot.

Tried to stay off of it as much as possible since last blogging. This is harder than it seems. Its hard for me to beg off on various obligations that I had, including teaching part of a class for a colleague and driving my daughter to a meeting in NE Philly, because of my foot. Looking at it objectively, I am very justified in saying I couldn't do it, but I find it very hard to say no. Everyone involved has been very understanding but me. Personal stuff I need to deal with.

By 1pm yesterday I cut through my avoidance long enough to call Ira's office. I figured I'd need to see him at some point for guidance on my eventual return to running, so better do it sooner than waiting a week like I did the first time around. They fit me in to see him that afternoon. Long story short, after x-rays it looks like I'm exactly where I was the first time I saw him... he again put my ankle in a soft cast and told me to see him in a week. This time around, though, I'd definitely need a round of physical therapy as part of my recovery.

So I feel better - partly because I feel a greater acceptance of the fact that I'm done for the season, partly because I feel that I'm on a regimen for recovery, however long that may take. So I'll adjust to the downtime and maybe even gain a few pounds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Seebo:

Sorry to hear about the retrograde action. Hope you get soe good rest and recovery and we we can duke it out at Broad St. Hope you're feeling better soon.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home