Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Square Two

Saw Ira again today and traded the soft cast for an ankle brace and a scrip for physical therapy. He was ambivalent about whether I could run or not saying I could if I wanted but that he'd wait until I got started with my PT. I think he regularly gets patients who are climbing the walls to get out there and play sports again.

This time around I'm not feeling that way, as I'm a bit reticent due to the circumstances of my most recent sprain. The thing that spooks me is that the ankle just seemed to buckle when I came down on it, that I didn't really do anything. But I'll take it a day at a time, first I need to get used to the brace, which rubs a little too much against my calf after less than a full afternoon of wearing it. And then to find myself a good PT. After that maybe a bit of the old hamster wheel to start back. We'll see.

In the meantime we're heading into November and October has been a total bust. Missed some really great weather and alot of good races. But I haven't been climbing the walls. Instead my withdrawal is much lower grade. Its a low-level depression that sets in that I can't figure out the reason for until I see someone running. And its amazing how many more runners seem to be about when you are not.

Mostly its the stress relief that I miss, the escape hatch being blocked off when I've got alot on my mind. Having a room full of cobwebs for want of a broom to clear them with.

And then not being able to write about it for lack of something to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home