Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Little More

Five miles this morning on the treadmill. Plan was to do three, then four, then five. Started at 8 minute pace and brought it down to 7:30. There was some discomfort in the ankle, but my stride felt good, and my head was devoid of the gait analysis that drove me nuts the last few times I've run. So while it still sucks to be running on a treadmill on a day like this, it was as good a workout as I could dare to hope for.

One reason for the clear head has been some advice I've been getting, from which collectively I'm getting the message that all this self-talk is "normal" and will pass. Just keep running. And I did. So I'm feeling back on the comeback trail, or treadmill.

With that said, I'm traveling tomorrow and Thursday and will likely not get a chance to run or blog. If I had a streak to keep up I suppose I could fit a workout in, but I don't. Regardless of whether I run or not, with each day the ankle gets stronger again. And each day I run gets me feeling a bit more confident.

5 miles in 38:08.

1 Comments:

Blogger jim said...

seebo - good to hear your coming along. It's so frustrating holding back when you're returning from an injury, but a little bit of continued caution now will pay dividends later. You'll be your old self in no time.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home