Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

5k on the Installment Plan

"Cruise intervals" were the workout for the day. These are apparently intervals with some of the edge taken off. Running hard but not pushing the envelope.

For me that translated into 5 x 1000 meters in 3:27 down to 3:23 (with 200m recovery). So it was off to the track. Same sharp sun out as yesterday, but even running an hour later it was a good 10-15 degrees cooler out. Perfect temperature, only a little wind.

This cruising speed is great. I had to work but I felt like I could do a million of them. Split times were 3:24; 3:25; 3:22; 3:18; & 3:19. 5k on the installment plan in 16:48. Total of 7.5 miles and 54:29 total running time.

"I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racing in the wind
And the feeling that I'm under"

(pat yourself on the back if you can identify those lyrics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home