Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, October 19, 2009

Every Little Twinge

Cycled to SW Philly to run with a Back on My Feet group. We met outside of a transitional housing program where 11 out of the group were living, and another 2 volunteers set up the workout. Everyone was very welcoming and, after a mile warmup, the group did a timed mile on Paschall and Woodland Aves. and I got in about another mile cooldown.

I figure I'd run the timed mile as fast as my foot would permit but no faster than whoever was in front. My foot, in contrast to last Mondays workout, went fine as I applied some speed and I stayed abreast of another guy and we both finished the mile in 7:04.

I'll write more about this BOMF group as I go to more of the runs. I felt very much on the outside of something, which is as it should be, and I am content to continue running with this group and see what unfolds. I don't feel like I got much of a workout in today but I am glad I felt this good on the few miles we did.

And now I'm back to obsessing over how my foot is doing, analyzing every little twinge. Dunno what else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home