Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday in the Park

Met up with John Dubs at the Art Museum this morning for 15 or 2 hours worth or whatever felt right. It wasn't until we were on our way that he told me his training schedule called for 3 miles at half-marathon pace (6:20) in the middle of this run. That, plus the "three bears" of Belmont Ave. that were on our route promised to make the run, uh, challenging.

The first hour or so were easy, relaxed and full of catching up. I had, after all, just gotten married and John and Heather are expecting their first child next week. Then we crossed the Green St. bridge into Montgomery County and the fun began. Due to some unfortunate miscommunication between us we took the hills harder than we would have, recovered a bit, and ran hard for 18 minutes worth, which we cut short at 14 minutes due to the heat and our rubbery legs. The rest was a jog in the park back to the Art Museum.

I've been doing OMW (old man walk) all day after that, and to make it more fun I went rock climbing (indoors) this afternoon, so my upper body doesn't feel much better. But as you can see from the time stamp on this post, its hardly a hopping Saturday night at the casa tonight.

But the beer I've just cracked open tastes delicious. 14+ miles in 1:54 on this route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home