Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gone Fishing

I hate coming back to this blog after I haven't posted for a while.

But life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

The highlight of my week is that I am now married. Reba and I tied the knot (a double knot like the kind you do at the marathon start-line that won't come undone) on Saturday at a great little ceremony-reception we had at home with about 40 of our closest family and friends. In addition to the great company, it was good food, good music (provided by Maricela's band) and plenty of alcohol. It was all we could have wanted out of that evening.

And so here we are now in Sonoma where Reba and I are honeymooning. We got in today and will be hanging out in wine country and then San Fran for almost two weeks. We aim to have it a balanced vacation, with a good bit of biking, hiking, canoeing and, of course, running which we plan to cancel out with plenty of wine and foodie food. I just planned out tomorrow morning's running route and the elevation map looks pretty sick, with a loop that goes from a little above sea level to over 1100 feet and back down in about 8 miles. Tune in tomorrow and check it out.

And now to catch up:

- today was a DNR;
- yesterday was a 3.5 mile leg stretcher on a Franklin Field loop;
- Monday was a 48 minute run (5.5 miles, conservatively) through Bartrams Gardens, 58th St., and back on Florence Ave.
- Sunday was a DNR
- Saturday (wedding day) was a 7+ mile run of two times the lower Tinicum loop (around Darby Lake). This was a great relief of the pre-wedding jitters, it allowed Reba to be the runaway bride, and Scott, Sarah, Tammy, Polly and Todd all joined us.
- Friday was a 50+ minute run (6 miles?) out to Cobbs Creek and back on Springfield with the full contingent of Club West Philly.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week I don't think I ran anything. It was a bit crazy that week, as I had several work deadlines and wedding prep that all rolled up into one giant stress ball. Looking at it now, its funny how I blew off running as it is times like that when I need running the most. But it is also times like that when I stay up to the wee hours and just can't drag my ass up early in the morning to run.

But now I've got almost two weeks of relaxation in a beautiful place to do it. I am also still on east coast time, which means that I should be wide awake around 5 a.m. tomorrow morning, perfect for getting my running thing on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quinto Sol said...

Congrats to you and Reba... may happiness reign in the "seebo" household.

11:44 PM  
Blogger John W said...

I saw the photos online, I believe there might have been paparazzi. Congratulations to you and Reba. Enjoy wine country and two weeks off.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Congratulations, guys! I'll keep looking north to see if I can spot the smoke from your shoes.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home