Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change

My daughter went off to college yesterday. Drove with her mother out to Ohio where she will be starting classes as a freshman.

Back home, I find I'm already noticing how empty her room now looks. While I'm not incredibly in touch with my emotions, if I'm feeling sad alot of times its while I'm running that the sadness bubbling up. On yesterday's run out to the Drives I dwelt on the changes this move to college entailed - she's moving on to an exciting next step in her life but of course this will also entail change. I liked what we had and will miss that. Not deep or complex but it takes me awhile sometimes to come up with those realizations and then even longer to feel them. Yesterday's run let me do that.

Then I put all that on the street. I'm not in good enough shape yet to really burn off all of that emotional energy, but I got two MLK miles in under 14 minutes. It's a start. Total was 9 miles in 76 minutes and change. With an emphasis on change.

I met Deirdre this morning to run and we did what was probably 9 miles out through Lemon Hill, Fairmount Park, and the Horticultural Center. She asked me about how it feels to have M. go off to college and I got to talk a bit about it. Talk about it in a way you can when you have a captive audience to just process thoughts to for awhile. Deirdre is good running partner in that I can be winded and long-winded at the same time.

Ran for 77 minutes today, call it 9 again. Three days in a row of 70+ minute running.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vince A. said...

And mine too drove off to college today. Moved him in last weekend and then he was back home for a couple of days. We had our last run together last night. I'll miss the little bug.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home